No software product would be able to enter the market if it didn’t pass the testing process before. A banned program, which does not cope with its functionality adequately, will not be needed by anyone. Therefore, if you do not want to do it yourself, just hire our employees!
What is the "software testing"?
Testing is the process that takes place after the product is developed and before the final version is released to the market. In fact, the tester controls how the program works.
Also, in addition to searching for bugs and glitches, the expert looks at whether the software copes with the related duties. He even checks whether the user's eyes would be comfortable with the interface and whether he would like the software.
Classification of tests
There is a basic classification, according to which software testing is distinguished.
- Functional. Checks whether the application is able to perform all of its tasks in a full manner under any circumstances, whether there are any errors in the logic.
- Productivity. It takes into account, under what specific circumstances the software works, whether it works quickly, how much data can be processed simultaneously.
- Usability. Whether the product is convenient for the user and whether some of actions are obvious for him.
- Security. Checking whether it is possible to crack the application, how carefully it hides the confidential information from the attacker.
- Localization. How much the program is understandable for the inhabitants of a particular country, and whether there are no ethnic features.
Levels of testing
In addition, our specialists are able tytgo check the various levels of the program - from internal logic to the directly available software. Firstly, the testing of individual components is most often carried out. The program is divided into modules and submodules, depending on whether there are any local errors in it.
Then the integration stage begins. All parts are connected in series. The tester controls if the various functions interact correctly, whether the data is transmitted properly.
After that, we are already dealing directly with the system.
Differences between static and dynamic test
In our time, dynamic testing is used almost everywhere - a specialist runs one or the other code one by one. But in some cases you can order a static version.
This is a process in which the program code is read only visually. A specialist does not compile it, but only looks to identify typos or errors in logic. Thus, it is possible to check the unfinished software, for example.
The main stages of the procedure
Usually we are guided by the following algorithm:
- Analysis of the task.
- Choosing the type and strategy of testing.
- Definition of basic software requirements and its analysis.
- Writing additional programs, "stubs".
- Creation of all necessary documentation.
- Writing a report.
In our work we are guided by the main principles of testing, which have been preserved since the time of the first programmers.
We try to provide for all possible glitches and actions, although it is impossible to predict any incidents by 100%. Our specialists always pay attention to where the finished product will be used, and choose a strategy in accordance with this information!